Flood Lines, hosted by Vann R. Newkirk II is a podcast that captivates. The sound effects transport you into the world that he’s discussing – hurricane Katrina that hit New Orleans, Louisiana. The sound quality is professionally done. The music Newkirk incorporates seems to compliment the location of his story. Newkirk incorporates voiceover news clips about the hurricanes. My favorite part about the podcast is the music as well as other people with Cajun English accents who act out the characters he discusses. It was as if I was listening to a radio play. Newkirk also adds interviews from other reporters and weather experts who covered hurricane Katrina. The one thing I would have added is live sound from actual locations in New Orleans to give you the sense of walking around where the disaster where it took place. WBEZ’s Making Oprah does a great job in giving you that live sound that makes you feel like you’re at the Oprah studios site. I also love that she talked about well-known people (Oprah, Donahue, etc.). I also noticed that Newkirk was not very descriptive of the people he discussed. This would have helped me picture the individuals who acted out the people he discussed.