Before class on Tuesday, listen to:
Using an audio recorder and microphone ask at least five strangers, “What are you afraid of?” Ask follow-up questions. Try to get something that resembles a beginning, middle and end. Why are they afraid of X? For how long? Who knows about it? And so on.
Before you set out on the assignment, run through your prep checklist:
- Is everything charged?
- Do I have a card in the recorder?
- Do I have my over-ear headphones?
- Do I have my mic?
- Do I have all the cables I need?
- Do I have extra batteries?
- Have I tested my gear and do I feel confident that everything sounds ok?